Friday, May 2, 2008

Green Zebra for Sustainable Living


It seems to coincide that being frugal many times also benefits the environment. A friend of mine recently went to an Earth Day event to promote carpool and vanpool in the San Francisco Bay Area. He met up with the folks who work for Green Zebra who were generous enough to give him a copy of their 2008 publication.

I'm ashamed to admit that I had never before heard of this charitable organization that donates it's proceeds to San Francisco local public school yards and promotes sustainable businesses. Many of us who are choosing to go green want to support Eco-friendly businesses and services in our communities but don't know which directory to consult.
Green Zebra, a 300 page book of coupons, saves local residents of San Francisco, and Marin County thousands of dollars a year with two-for-one deals, FREE offers, and discounts. Aside from that, this little green gem provides invaluable information on how to "green" your lifestyle, includes a guide to safe seafood, provides a directory to Bay Area Farmer's Markets, and more!

I have a brand new Green Zebra book that I can use for the rest of 2008, but I'm willing to part with it if you're a San Francisco resident looking to green your lifestyle a bit more. Post on our blog what you're doing to reduce your global footprint. Also send me an email thegreenroomone@gmail.com with your contact information and I'll give the person with the most creative list my copy. If I get lots of great ideas, I'll hunt down more books or talk to the people at Green Zebra to make more available. So hurry, I'm waiting to hear from you! --Lucy

No comments: